Sign in to follow this  
Carson:)

Art Thread

Post any of your artwork that you would like to share here.

• Like 2

I'm trying to make myself a quote poster on my computer.

Sk_rmklipp.png

• Like 4

@Holmbo

Ooh, are there prizes of we know who the quotes are by? xD (no google-ing/cheating allowed of course!)

I recognise one from The Dispossessed /Ursula le Guin, one from Douglas Adams / Hitchiker's Guide (I think?), the 'armour yourself' one is Stoic, either Epictetus or Marcus Aurelius, but I can't remember which! (I'm gonna say Epictetus, final answer!)

22 hours ago, NullVector said:

@Holmbo

Ooh, are there prizes of we know who the quotes are by? xD (no google-ing/cheating allowed of course!)

I recognise one from The Dispossessed /Ursula le Guin, one from Douglas Adams / Hitchiker's Guide (I think?), the 'armour yourself' one is Stoic, either Epictetus or Marcus Aurelius, but I can't remember which! (I'm gonna say Epictetus, final answer!)

Sure :D
You're right about two out of three. The third one is George RR Martin. I have no ancient philosophers on the board I'm afraid. The oldest one is from 1847 :D

On 5/28/2018 at 6:52 PM, Holmbo said:

The third one is George RR Martin

Hah, right, it's Tyrion! Some wires got crossed in my brain there! 9_9

On 5/27/2018 at 9:28 PM, NullVector said:

@Holmbo

There's one from David Mitchell's Cloud Atlas, which also occurs in the movie. One is very, very easy, from the Shawshank Redemption. One is from Carl Sagan.

4 hours ago, NullVector said:

Hah, right, it's Tyrion! Some wires got crossed in my brain there! 9_9

That quote is so unforgettable, Season 1, Episode 1 ! xD

• Like 1

On 11/3/2018 at 7:48 AM, DeltaV said:

@TheThing lol that error message, where did you get that?

I found it on the internet, public domain image, I don’t know where though... one of the vaporwave people in the Amino community found it. Can’t remember where.