Art Thread

Carson:)

@Holmbo

Ooh, are there prizes of we know who the quotes are by? xD (no google-ing/cheating allowed of course!)

I recognise one from The Dispossessed /Ursula le Guin, one from Douglas Adams / Hitchiker's Guide (I think?), the 'armour yourself' one is Stoic, either Epictetus or Marcus Aurelius, but I can't remember which! (I'm gonna say Epictetus, final answer!)

22 hours ago, NullVector said:

@Holmbo

Ooh, are there prizes of we know who the quotes are by? xD (no google-ing/cheating allowed of course!)

I recognise one from The Dispossessed /Ursula le Guin, one from Douglas Adams / Hitchiker's Guide (I think?), the 'armour yourself' one is Stoic, either Epictetus or Marcus Aurelius, but I can't remember which! (I'm gonna say Epictetus, final answer!)

Sure :D
You're right about two out of three. The third one is George RR Martin. I have no ancient philosophers on the board I'm afraid. The oldest one is from 1847 :D

On 5/27/2018 at 9:28 PM, NullVector said:

@Holmbo

There's one from David Mitchell's Cloud Atlas, which also occurs in the movie. One is very, very easy, from the Shawshank Redemption. One is from Carl Sagan.

4 hours ago, NullVector said:

Hah, right, it's Tyrion! Some wires got crossed in my brain there! 9_9

That quote is so unforgettable, Season 1, Episode 1 ! xD

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/3/2018 at 7:48 AM, DeltaV said:

@TheThing lol that error message, where did you get that?

I found it on the internet, public domain image, I don’t know where though... one of the vaporwave people in the Amino community found it. Can’t remember where.

• 1 month later...

I made an art series I guess! It’s making photos with art. Well, it is part way though with lots more coming over the holiday break! (Thank goodness, I have finished for the year! Now time to focus on art.) dcttf9k-304548aa-e838-4d5b-8f59-e5bc4fb4testing_things_by_foreverforestthing_dctdcuso6n-4ab1229a-8b24-4ec6-8159-0454ea69lone_school_iepling__two_out_of_three__blonely_school_iepling__three_out_of_thredcuso0d-8abf9992-f013-4790-b446-45cdae82

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

@awkwardchickenpotatodragon I uploaded the images I want to show to an external platform,  e.g. here, and then just clicked (lower right corner)"Insert other media" -> "Insert image from URL". The photo should appear in the post then. There is probably another way but I'm a noob with forums.
I'd really like to see some of your dragons (I love dragons) but I understand your feeling of discomfort. It took me quite some time to be comfortable with sharing my scribbles.
Just to say, I don't think anybody will laugh or devaluate your works.

• Like 1

@NotHeartless Thanks! If I do end up posting something I'll do that!

It's less that I'm concerned about what other people think, it's just that I have a weird paranoia that someone will track the picture back to me in real life, despite the fact that the pictures I want to show I have not posted anywhere else.

• 3 weeks later...

Arrow-dragon.jpggreen-dra-GON.jpgimage.jpg

Here are the aro pride dragons I did! Gonna post this now before I lose the nerve!! The small black one with the flag background I did like a day or two ago and I made it really quickly because I felt like it, while the others are from a while back and took way longer to make.. Anyways, looking at it now, two of them have the same expression and I don't know what to think about that..

• Like 7

• 3 years later...
On 3/21/2022 at 8:21 PM, lovelyleaf said:

kinda creepy so I put it behind a spoiler just to be safe :)

on this subject, you should draw an aromantic vegan vampire … vampires in fictions are always super-romantic.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, 96Neko said:

I'm too shy and paranoid too show some of my talentless drawings (started it a week ago to draw)

I can’t really draw myself. And have even hit a plateau regarding my very restricted capabilities…

But we are seriously lacking in Aro Art.

And I guess that even my attempts are better than nothing!

So if you create something aro-themed :aropride:, it would be nice if you could post it here.

• Like 2