Naegleria fowleri

Anyone want to help me make a website?

So I have this idea for a website called, "I'm Questioning". It would serve as a resource for anyone questioning their gender or their romantic or sexual orientations. Sort of like a guided data bank with information about the split-attraction model, the many genders, fluctuating identities, etc. It would include places for people to add their life experiences to give context to labeling terms.

My experience with websites so far has been minimal (I made a website once with Weebly at a summer camp). I'm sure I could figure it out, but I believe some teamwork would better the website. I would also appreciate it if you guys could add some of your various experiences, if this website ever makes it out.

Anyway, give this a like if you're passionate about creating a resource like this, regardless of tech experience, and we'll figure this out.

• Like 1

If you expect just a minor-traffic website with straight forward content then you can settle for just about any self-managed web host for as little as a few dollars/pounds a month. Many provide built-in packages to auto install and configure webware (what I call scripted software for sites), with a user-friendly back-end website management portal like Cpanel for 'free'. If you expect to expand however and need more control over the 'engines' then a Virtual Private Server is an option although maybe more expensive. VPS gives you an OS instance to control, install your own web server software and such, all running parallel with some other isolated customers on the same machine. If you expect to grow more or wish to have full control of said computer,  then there're dedicated servers which are the most expensive but gives you more resources, rights, value for money as well as flexibility. However the latter requires one to be more tech-savvy in securing, configuring, etc although managed solutions exist. Then there's cloud hosting but you may not need to do anything for that at least any time soon....it can be like the basic web-hosting deals but they use multiple servers in multiple data-centres to provide redundancy and reduce latency by hosting cached content closer to visitors.

I have experience most in dedicated servers and basic web-hosting. I have a dedicated server and have more than enough room for another low-to-mid range website or two. The biggest issue is the lack of usage for something that's quite costly, but one can run just about anything else (like game servers) as long as it's legal and not against the hosting company's ToS.

• Like 1

Cool idea!

I have a lot of experience with making sites, Wordpress in particular, so if you are interested in using that, I could probably help with some stuff, when I have time.

Or would a wiki make more sense maybe?

I have some experience in web design and development (my tools of choice are hard code or Wix) and I'm always happy to help!

Alright, it's in progress! I'm building one on Wix (this platform was rated the best) and am slowly inputting all the definitions under the different headings. The list of romantic orientations on this site has been a huge resource for me. Is anyone aware of orientations that aren't on that list? Don't worry I'm citing my sources.

• Like 1