OpenAce

Liking proximity without touch

So about 4mths ago I posted this: 

Anyway, long story short- still touch averse. But recently I've been finding that having close proximity to squishes/my 'safe people' is really nice, and yeah, idk how to describe it. Kinda just like, more relaxed, and comfortable- and when I'm not around them I find myself craving it. Recently I've been finding that I want that safe feeling in some form of touch (hugging) but I'm still touch averse, and when I actually imagine myself doing it with a specific person I'm almost repulsed and left feeling empty and lonely.

Does anyone else experience this? sensual desire not tied to a specific person and still completely non-romo and non-sexual?

I don't experience this specifically but it makes a lot of sense to me.  I'm sure you aren't the only aro who feels this way.  Closeness to people you trust is compelling.

I totally get what you're saying. I'm also touch adverse but hugs with squishes if I'm in an okay space or just being physically close is comforting. Glad to know I'm not the only one who gets that feeling.