You might be aro if...

Robin

YMBAI when somebody tries to explain the concept of "friendzone" to you, and you just don't understand what is their problem with that. It sounds amazing. It sounds idyllic, like something you always genuinely wanted.

YMBAI romantic relationships seem like a temporary thing, and you don't get it how grown adults believe that they gonna last forever.

• Like 39
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Cassiopeia said:

YMBAI when somebody tries to explain the concept of "friendzone" to you, and you just don't understand what is their problem with that. It sounds amazing. It sounds idyllic, like something you always genuinely wanted.

Friendzone is the best zone. ^_^

Besides which, I feel like if a person feels that they are obligated to your time and affection, they may not be that good at taking your feelings into account. 

YMBAI your friend starts talking about a woman they think is gorgeous and wonderful and so nice and you're just standing there like O_o the whole time. 

• Like 8

YMBAI you don't understand the concept of online dating or are confused by the fact that people deliberately try to find a partner (and go on dates before they even know them).

• Like 29

So ah, this happened yesterday

ouAVvaP.png

So with that, YMBAI you tell your friend that making an account on a dating site would be pointless, and they agree with you.

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, Zemaddog said:

ouAVvaP.png

(If someone could tell me how to do spoilers that would be great thanks)

Write [      spoiler]   and [   /   spoiler] without the spaces. :)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Zemaddog said:

ouAVvaP.png

(If someone could tell me how to do spoilers that would be great thanks)

I've gone on the subreddit /r4r to make friends, except people leave as soon as they realize I'm not interested in dating them...even though I explicitly stated I wasn't looking for a partner at the start.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Spud said:

YMBAI you don't understand the concept of online dating or are confused by the fact that people deliberately try to find a partner (and go on dates before they even know them).

LOL, I thought that the interest in dating would come after I tried it a few (actually many) times. Didn't happen...

• Like 4

7 hours ago, omitef said:

I've gone on the subreddit /r4r to make friends, except people leave as soon as they realize I'm not interested in dating them...even though I explicitly stated I wasn't looking for a partner at the start.

I'm on several online dating sites for the same reason. Cos you know, as someone sarcastically noted on tumblr, you can't just barge into the nearest starbucks and shout "mmmmmkay, hands up, who is homoqueer in here?!". The only way to meet people is a, gay bars or b, online.

I miss having queer friends.

Right now I do not have any mostly because of my attempts to try relationships... lets just say, it was a disaster. The whole  friend group disintegrated later on. But I need friends who share a similar experience.

• Like 9

On 08/04/2016 at 4:09 PM, breaddd said:

YMBAI you never understood the point of marriage. (Seriously, why would you stay with the same person your whole life and then make it harder and more expensive to get out of the relationship if things go bad?)

As well as living with them, entangling personal finances, doing just about everything with them, etc... Seriously WTF!

On 09/04/2016 at 3:10 AM, 46odnetnin said:

YMBAI you wanted a relationship, but when you started trying it just felt wrong and boring to you

Or you wanted relationship(s) but "not like that".

• Like 9

On 13/04/2016 at 1:51 AM, AroArtisan said:

YMBAI you watch that Match.com commercial (i see it on Hulu) where the guy says to the random lady on the street, (paraphrased),   "What if I were to offer you a dating service that has people on it that exactly fits your dating criteria?"

And.....you can't even process that.  Wat??  Where do i even start?  How do you even?

Or you think "That sounds great. But your service would need some radical changes first. Like non assuming that everyone wants hetero-monogamy."

On 09/04/2016 at 6:03 AM, DannyFenton123 said:

YMBAI you found kiss scenes in the middle of action completely stupid. Like, why are you kissing right now when zombies are about to kill you?

Without kissing having a zombie disabling or confusing effect. Thus making sense in terms of plot.

• Like 4

YMBAI you do actually have an Okcupid account, but inspired entirely by that "Cats of Okcupid" post in the hope that someone gets a laugh out of it.

But hell yeah, give me a "dating" site that lets me find friends, nesting partners and cuddle buddies.

• Like 11

27 minutes ago, Mark said:

Without kissing having a zombie disabling or confusing effect. Thus making sense in terms of plot.

YMBAI  that as the actual plot makes no sense to you.

How does romantic love reverse neuro damage and re-animate dead tissue? And who wants to cuddle with a walking dead anyway? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2016 at 10:28 AM, Blue Phoenix Ace said:

YMBAI when asked what you want out of a romantic relationship the best thing you can come up with is "cook for her and share a meal together".

Food is a good reason to do anything tbh

• Like 13

YMBAI you fail so hard in magazine psycho test because they assume everyone is/wants to be in a romantic relationship and you cannot decide which of the wrong options you chose as an answer.

• Like 22

Or on the contrary, heard all others saying you're gay and thought "maybe they're right, maybe I'm really gay ?", staring at girls (or guys) a bit like a creep, waiting for the spark that would never happen.

• Like 21

6 hours ago, Rising Sun said:

Or on the contrary, heard all others saying you're gay and thought "maybe they're right, maybe I'm really gay ?", staring at girls (or guys) a bit like a creep, waiting for the spark that would never happen.

This sounds like a variation on the "you've just not found the right person (to be romantic with)" meme.

Assuming that an aromantic person is "looking in the wrong place" (or is also asexual) being easier than questioning the idea that EVERYONE wants a romantic relationship.

• Like 4

In middle school some "friends" of mine started talking about their weddings and I'm sitting here like??? But you're not even dating anyone??? Have you even though about how much it will cost?????

• Like 20

On 4/16/2016 at 8:06 AM, Cassiopeia said:

How does romantic love reverse neuro damage and re-animate dead tissue? And who wants to cuddle with a walking dead anyway? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've seen this movie :P 

It's just because their love is ~so strong~

On 5/3/2016 at 8:36 AM, artemis said:

In middle school some "friends" of mine started talking about their weddings and I'm sitting here like??? But you're not even dating anyone??? Have you even though about how much it will cost?????

Recently, one of my friends started a wedding board on Pinterest. It's so far away though? We're 15, why would you plan this now?

• Like 4