You might be aro if...

Robin

• 2 weeks later...

...you tried to copy "romantic behaviour" from movies, books and other works of fiction because it was the only way to know what's considered as romantic in a relationship but you yourself never felt it.

...you read a well written erotic story but the romance part just annoys the hell out of you

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/29/2016 at 9:55 PM, Spud said:

YMBAI you were curious as to why there were so many songs about love or sex on the radio.

I realized when I was little that there were so many songs about love and my reaction was kinda:

"Why can't people write about anything else? Love is so boring. You can write songs about literally anything, and the one thing people choose is love 90% of the time!"

This so much

YMBAI you love Arocalypse because you know you can always find someone who knows how you feel.

• Like 13

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/16/2016 at 1:59 PM, Lynx said:

YMBAI you do actually have an Okcupid account, but inspired entirely by that "Cats of Okcupid" post in the hope that someone gets a laugh out of it.

But hell yeah, give me a "dating" site that lets me find friends, nesting partners and cuddle buddies.

On 4/28/2016 at 1:48 AM, morallygayro said:

Food is a good reason to do anything tbh

Yesssss mood

• Like 1

YMBAI when you have a crush, all you can think of is 'I wanna bang her', or ' she's so fit' (more aromantic allosexuals)

YMBAI when you have a crush, that person is never on your mind like everyone says so or what's in all the books, movies, TV shows, etc. 

YMBAI when you don't really get nervous or act too differently around a crush or when talking about them

YMBAI dates (like candlelit dinners, eating only at fancy, expensive restaurants) seem pointless or too extravagant for you, and you'd rather just cuddle, eat food and watch a non-romantic TV show or movie. 

YMBAI Valentine's Day is completely pointless to you, and you only see it as a marketing scam like Christmas, except there's nothing to celebrate in your mind, surely you should love and care for your s/o the whole year and not just 1 day, right? 

YMBAI you see eating out with someone as a typical thing to do with friends (even with the opposite sex - I swear to god, I went out to eat at KFC with my best friend who was male like 3 years ago and everyone thought we were a couple and that it was a date, which was very difficult for me to understand)

YMBAI you can't tell what falling in love is like. 

YMBAI you find romantic side plots in books, TV shows and movies pointless, when the story is not about romance.

YMBAI you'd rather read sex scenes in a story than a romantic scene (aromantic allosexuals, and I only said read because all sex scenes in shows and movies 9/10 times are awkward as hell).

YMBAI you don't understand how bad the friendzone is to allos, like rejecting someone isn't hard at all, and being rejected yourself isn't a big deal, like even if I am really attracted to a girl, and I want to go out with her, I don't get heartbroken at all if that can't happen (that's usually the case), and you move on quickly.

YMBAI being friends with someone instead of being in a relationship with them is just as good, if not better. 

YMBAI you don't fully understand how bad a breakup is for others, you move on quickly. 

YMBAI you never considered romance as important in your life and would rather focus on other things like your career/education/dreams.

• Like 8

• 4 weeks later...

YMBAI you tried to use some arbitrary rule to determine whether or not you loved someone.

When I was in relationships I tried "Am I more concerned for this person's welfare than my parents's?" and "Is there something about this person in particular that I can't get from my other friends/family support network?".  The former has obvious issues, and I'm not sure how the latter works because it never happened to me.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

YMBAI when your answer to the ideal partner is stuttering and being left blank.

This happened to me in my psychology class in which we were going over the topic "love and marriage". The teacher asked all of us to put down our ideal partner and well I mange to come up with one thing after thinking for a while competitive.  Couldn't come up with anything else. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

YMBAI being in a romantic relationship/seeking a partner seems like too much effort. YMBAI romance seem like a nice enough idea if viewed from a distance but completely grosses you out when you really think about it in detail. YMBAI you think you might have  romantic feelings towards someone only to have those feeling fade away completely in a matter of weeks,making you question whether you even felt those feelings in the first place. 

• Like 9

• 2 months later...

YMBAI playing hogwarts mystery, when you see the quest first date, you feel conflicted. Should you pursue you goal to succeed in all the secondary quests, or should you scream "ARO POWER!"?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, nonmerci said:

YMBAI playing hogwarts mystery, when you see the quest first date, you feel conflicted. Should you pursue you goal to succeed in all the secondary quests, or should you scream "ARO POWER!"?

Heck well thank you for spoiling it I’m only a third year

lol but really tho  while playing someone asked me who my crush was and I just picked the gayest one cuz at the time I didn’t know about aro and I was like “  wtf y I’m like canonically 12-13ish arnt we to young for this whatever I’m going penny she’s the gay option “ now I know  why I’ve always felt like that since people started getting dates unironicly

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Questioning peep said:

Heck well thank you for spoiling it I’m only a third year

Sorry.

In fact Penny is not the only gay option. All the dating characters can be chose, no matter if you're a girl or a boy. I think that's cool. But it would be nice if aro had an option too...

Since the game started people are asking for dating options. People can be crazy about it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nonmerci said:

Sorry.

In fact Penny is not the only gay option. All the dating characters can be chose, no matter if you're a girl or a boy. I think that's cool. But it would be nice if aro had an option too...

Since the game started people are asking for dating options. People can be crazy about it.

It’s ok I was just joking 

Also this wasn’t a dating thing it was some side quest ad you got to chose from 3 options with the question being “who do u have a crush on?” 1 of witch being penny and the other being “IM NOT TELLING U BAKA” (not actually choice obviously but means the same thing )

there wasn’t really any option to not have a crush witch is why I was kinda conflicted ? 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/13/2018 at 11:19 PM, Sammy said:

If you're asking your friends what crushes are supposed to feel like

If you're mis-identifying as bi or pan

If you assume everyone is just exaggerating

If you don't know how to flirt/don't know when someone's flirting with you

If you assume people want romantic relationships because they're like Mega Friendships (I assumed this and was surprised to find out that there's some other element to it)

This is so accurate; one of the things that helped clue me in to the fact that I'm aro is that I was just alternating between bi and pan for a while. I eventually realized that I just felt the same about all genders, which is to say not interested at all! Flirting is also still a huge mystery to me haha

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You might  be aro if you are confused when you see their is no child in the new Fire Emblem, because now you don't see  the point of marrying anymore.  I can still laugh at the proposal, at least.

On 4/10/2016 at 12:21 AM, DannyFenton123 said:

YMBAI people constantly tell you you're flirting and you're like, 'What? That was flirting?'

or alternatively - if someone is flirting and you don't notice until someone points it out to you 

i've had that happen exactly one time and it was really awkward because i was just so confused as to how the conversation i was having could be seen as flirting ?

On 4/24/2019 at 9:01 PM, dsm2k1 said:

YMBAI when your answer to the ideal partner is stuttering and being left blank.

This happened to me in my psychology class in which we were going over the topic "love and marriage". The teacher asked all of us to put down our ideal partner and well I mange to come up with one thing after thinking for a while competitive.  Couldn't come up with anything else. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

oh jeez; that sounds like a really uncomfortable situation ?

i thankfully havent been asked that (whether it be in psychology or just family/friends), but if i were to think about it i would also be left blank

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...