QPRs

Mae_

I've heard a lot about QPR's around the forums but i find it's a confusing topic...

Minus the lack of romantic attraction from one side. To you, what separates and what is different about a QPR from a standard romantic relationship?

1 hour ago, Mae_ said:

Minus the lack of romantic attraction from one side. To you, what separates and what is different about a QPR from a standard romantic relationship?

My impression is that a QPR is not really functionally any different from an important long-term friendship (which may or may not involve sex) but that people wanted a separate word here because most of us these days tend to associate friendship with something rather disposable, where people would not make explicit commitments to one another (e.g. living together long term, adopting children together, etc.).

It also strikes me that a QPR, as I understand the term, isn't really functionally different from how a long-term happily married couple might operate. Given that the initial strong romantic infatuation wouldn't be there anymore in the latter case, but the friendship and affectionate feelings would remain and strengthen over time. If only there was a way for aros interested in QPRs with allos to skip those problematic initial steps xD 

@NullVector  

Ah I see, so I'm getting the jist that it is somewhere between friendship and relationship so to speak.

People that feel like their friendship goes beyond what others consider a normal friendship but since there is no romantic attraction it's also not considered a standard relationship?

People that are interested in having QPRs must find this so difficult to explain to those they're interested in having this type of partnership with...If only it were more simple!

Archived