How old are you?

Cassiopeia

How old are you?  

221 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 minutes ago, Spud said:

Everyone's been saying that, and I'm going into it next year with no lunch break (I get lunch but not a break for it; I have to eat in class). Now I'm a little scared O.o 

Man, that sucks. You have to eat lunch in class?

1 minute ago, DeMorgan said:

Man, that sucks. You have to eat lunch in class?

Yup. And I have like all honors classes (even sometimes replacing gym period with a lab class) except for my orchestra elective. I feel like I'm going to be drowning in school work. :(

1 minute ago, Spud said:

Yup. And I have like all honors classes (even sometimes replacing gym period with a lab class) except for my orchestra elective. I feel like I'm going to be drowning in school work. :(

Only one elective? No lunch? I'm feeling a bit grateful for my school now...

1 minute ago, DeMorgan said:

Only one elective? No lunch? I'm feeling a bit grateful for my school now...

Actually, I have two electives, and that's why I'm skipping lunch. I have an elective for orchestra, and one for Personal Financial Literacy/Visual Computer Programming (which I have to take at some point in high school so I might as well get it out of the way). I *could* have taken just one elective, but I would have had to give up orchestra at some point and I don't want to do that (cause my parents bought me a cello and I'm not going to piss them off by not using it haha).

42 minutes ago, Spud said:

Everyone's been saying that, and I'm going into it next year with no lunch break (I get lunch but not a break for it; I have to eat in class). Now I'm a little scared O.o 

Actually, don't be scared. Everyone's experience is different. It all depends on the people and the school. And you! When piling it all together, yeah, high school sucks but while you're there and you're not looking at it as all that happened in one thing, it's not as bad as you may expect. Good luck! It flies by pretty darn fast I promise.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Blue Phoenix Ace said:

High school pretty much sucks. College is totally different, so much better.

Yeah i've started university now and it's so much better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spud said:

It's a half year semester thing. So I have 2 semesters of one, and 2 of the other.

But of all the things, why "visual computer programming"? Not only will you learn nothing about computers, but there's no way it's nearly as useful as "personal finance literacy". Even at the AP level computing is taught as a trade skill. I bet they get money from some organization for that class.

I remember in my first year of high school we had one of those things, but it was half health and half building paper bridges in a "STEM" class.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DeMorgan said:

But of all the things, why "visual computer programming"? Not only will you learn nothing about computers, but there's no way it's nearly as useful as "personal finance literacy". Even at the AP level computing is taught as a trade skill. I bet they get money from some organization for that class.

I remember in my first year of high school we had one of those things, but it was half health and half building paper bridges in a "STEM" class.

I seriously have no idea. They came to my advanced math class and told us "take this next year; you need it for graduation" and I kind of had to go along with it.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2016 at 9:40 AM, Blue Phoenix Ace said:

On 4/8/2016 at 3:09 PM, Rising Sun said:

On 4/8/2016 at 9:27 PM, Blue Phoenix Ace said:

37 :)

Will be pushing 40 here in a couple of months.

On 4/8/2016 at 3:09 PM, Rising Sun said:

I'm 31. Wow, this forum seems even a bit younger than AVEN !

I'm 32 and I was beginning to think there was no one in my age range on here. Hello you two!

• Like 2

I'm soo glad to see the older generations slowly arriving to this forum. I love seeing aros over 25, with most of their friends married, but still having a great time, enjoying their life.

Those life stories mean a lot more to me than any pep talk.

On 2016. 04. 12. at 4:09 AM, Louis Hypo said:

I'm 15 and began identifying as aro at 14

On 2016. 04. 08. at 3:15 PM, breaddd said:

I'm 15 :D

O.o Really? You both look older.

26 minutes ago, breaddd said:

Wow, I was expecting people to thing I look younger :eyebrow:

How old did you think I was?

Like 19-20? At least. But I'm not really around your age group anymore, so it wasn't an accurate estimate.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cassiopeia said:

I'm soo glad to see the older generations slowly arriving to this forum. I love seeing aros over 25, with most of their friends married, but still having a great time, enjoying their life.

Actually I appear to have spent a fair part of my life feeling like a square peg wondering why I don't fit with social expectations.

Anyone care to guess my age, BTW?