How fast can you type?

DeltaAro

How fast can you type?  

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You can take a test here.

My results:

Speed:
77.68 WPM
Accuracy:
98.07%

IDK … just stuck at around 75 wpm… and that on a mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX brown switches. With a cheap rubber dome keyboard even 10 wpm slower. Any tips to improve the speed?

The practice text was:

Her heart sank into her shoes as she realized at last how much she wanted him. No matter what his past was, no matter what he had done. Which was not to say that she would ever let him know, but only that he moved her chemically more than anyone she had ever met. That all other men seemed pale beside him.

xD

PS: please be honest!

I used to do data entry.  I clocked over 120 wpm on one of their tests, but sustaining that for hours on end is nearly impossible.

75 is really good.  If you're hitting that, you're already doing most things right.  The only way to get faster is to just keep practicing.  There are some web sites that can help you practice speed typing, but I haven't used them.

Ergonomic keyboards are really important for sustained speed typing.  Personally I do not use one at home, but I don't need to speed type at home.  When I was doing data entry, though, an ergonomic keyboard was a necessity.  Once you get used to one, you can type faster on it, because you have better movement in your wrists and hands.

I got 50 wpm at first try, with an accuracy of about 90%

I then tried again and got 61.87 wpm with an average of 49.09 wpm and an accuracy of 92.26%. Third time was an improvement of that; my speed was 66.05 wpm and the accuracy rate 96,48%

I type with only two fingers though :/

I tried it a few times... my best was 76 wpm although more usually I was in the 60-70 wpm range. A lot of my mistakes were things that a program like MS Word would automatically correct for me, like double capitals and switched letters (and guess where I type the most...).  And I think I would be faster if I wasn't copying something, because then I run across an unexpected word and stumble on it. 

One thing I have realized (before this) is that I am relatively good at realizing when I have made a mistake even if I'm not looking at what I have typed and I can go back and correct it without looking either.  (This is really nice for putting in passwords when you can't see them, and sometimes can't even see how many letters you have typed.)

wow, you're all pretty fast (@Eklinaar 120 wpm … :gasp:) … I blame it on R, which is the only programming language I use everyday, its code is too terse.

Not like Java…

AromanticProblem askedForCrush = AroFactory.getAro().getAromanticProblemFactory().getAromanticProblem(RomanceFactory.getRomance().getRomanceProblem(crush)).tooltip("I hate that…").bend();

On 12/15/2017 at 9:04 PM, time-is-ticking said:

I got 50 wpm at first try, with an accuracy of about 90%

I then tried again and got 61.87 wpm with an average of 49.09 wpm and an accuracy of 92.26%. Third time was an improvement of that; my speed was 66.05 wpm and the accuracy rate 96,48%

I type with only two fingers though :/

how you manage to do that is a mystery for me, though. :gasp::gasp::gasp: I'd never reach a speed of 66 wpm with two fingers, I touch type with all ten fingers…

On 17/12/2017 at 6:16 PM, DeltaV said:

Not like Java…

AromanticProblem askedForCrush = AroFactory.getAro().getAromanticProblemFactory().getAromanticProblem(RomanceFactory.getRomance().getRomanceProblem(crush)).tooltip("I hate that…").bend();

Haha. When I've had occasion to try and read Java code, it has often felt like hacking ones way through a wild and overgrown forest of abstraction layers, in search of the elusive rare orchid of logical implementation :P

1 hour ago, DeltaV said:

how you manage to do that is a mystery for me, though. :gasp::gasp::gasp: I'd never reach a speed of 66 wpm with two fingers, I touch type with all ten fingers…

I honestly don't know xD

I type even faster in Swedish, 75 or even 80 wpm if I try hard :D

Archived