QPR vs PLP

So we have the terms Queer Platonic Relationship and Platonic Loving Partnership. I have only noticed this second term recently. There may or may not be discussions going on elsewhere about these terms, but I just have never seen PLP used on these forums. Do you know about this term? is there a reason you don't use it here? 

As i understand it, they mean similar things. The second term is useful for people who don't want to use "queer" to define their platonic, non-romantic relationships. I mostly use "QPR", because i embrace the word "queer" as a way to define myself and the way i see relationships. That said, I mostly refer to "partnership" when i think of the kind of relationship I want. I would be interested in knowing other people's opinion!

Thanks @byebyeshadowlands ! I was trying to work out how/why they were different, so it makes sense that I couldn't if it is mainly a word preference. I know the two terms were being used separately as short hand terms to quickly describe different relationships in fiction, but that has little to do with the real people using, identifying and living one or both of these terms. 

On 15/12/2017 at 1:22 PM, Apathetic Echidna said:

So we have the terms Queer Platonic Relationship and Platonic Loving Partnership. I have only noticed this second term recently. There may or may not be discussions going on elsewhere about these terms, but I just have never seen PLP used on these forums. Do you know about this term? is there a reason you don't use it here? 

The latter sounds like a very specific subset of the former.
Even without romance the Life Partnership concept dosn't sound appealing. I'd much rather have a wide, and varied, circle of friends than anything singular.

Archived