HI

briesplease

Hi I'm Brie, 20. I am a cis female, greyromantic heterosexual. I am in University in the USA, I enjoy me some intersectional social justice. I like listening to last last 80s-early 2000s r&b/neosul/funk/soulaquarian music and Electronic Soul (electrosoul) and House soul. I enjoy writing poetry/writing in general  and going on walks, going dancing. I love the office, coffee, and sleeping. I began suspecting I was different from my girl friends when I felt pressured to find a crush in middle school, and I didn't want to date the guys at school, but I also didn't want to date any of my girl friends either so there posed an issue. I also began making a distinction between lust, sensual, and platonic feelings in high school. I am just know finding language to describe how navigate relationships/ love. My most recent struggle was the connection between my sexual identity and my romantic identity, not being able to distinguish my sensual relationships with female friends and lustful relationships I have with men (this is very binary I apologize). I am very much new to engaging in the community because being completely comfortable in this identity is very new to me. 

Welcome!

I see you already have 13 posts! it is so good to see a new and chatty (or is it post-y?) member :)

I hope your struggle in working things out is not too painful ~and maybe possibly conversations on this site can help you in some way, hopefully...

@James White Thank yo for the ice-cream! That's amazing and comforting to hear, Hi all! I'm a biology major studying microbiology, with a humanitarian affairs minor! What about you all?

@Apathetic Echidna I am pretty chatty, but it's only because apparently I've been starving to be able to have these conversations. It's extremely validating to be able to read other peoples experiences and relate them to my own. It's not been painful, but it's been kind of emotional to have a lot of the thoughts and emotions I've experienced in my life be represented by other people, and not just conversations I have with myself. I'm excited to be here, thank you for welcoming me.

Ah yes, another over-caffeinated (If i'm following the biologist trend correctly), and stressed aro. 

Also your sexuality in your bio is real talk. Like I've tried to tell people that I wish I could go back in time and never tell anyone I was het-  because now it doesn't even matter, and just an annoying fact in my life that I literally never think about, but everyone thinks about it for me. 

Archived