That's So Aromantic!

Interesting! I like how this article emphasizes that asexual and aromantic are two different things, and addresses the fact that romance should not be placed above other types of bonds!

12 hours ago, SoulWolf said:

This is a good intro kind of thing, I actually shared it publically on my Facebook. Will see how that goes...

ooh, good idea.  are you out to many people?  i am to very few of my fb friends, and the most i did was use aro flag stripes on the bottom of my profile pic for pride month, captioning the update with an expression of regret that i wasn't able to attend pride.  i figure most people don't know or care what the colours mean.  oh, and i guess i came out to someone and whoever read the comments on her post--she posted about a common response she gets when she says she's ace, i commented what happens when i say i'm aro.  i still don't know whether she's aro but i think so.  good luck with your post.

16 hours ago, aro_elise said:

ooh, good idea.  are you out to many people?

Nope, only 2 IRL. Only one person responded to the post, and he's ace, so he already knows about aro stuff. Nobody else pressed any buttons on it, so I dunno how many saw it.

17 hours ago, Apathetic Echidna said:

oh so Facebook stopped doing that 'blah blah person has viewed this' for posts? 

I've never seen any kind of notifications about who saw my posts... would be useful to have actually.

15 hours ago, Apathetic Echidna said:

@SoulWolf well it was about 2 years ago that I last actually used facebook, but there definitely was some sort of viewer list information for some things. I remember seeing it a lot in the groups I was part of. 

There's still viewer lists for posts in groups, but I think that's it :) 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2017-11-06 at 1:44 AM, SoulWolf said:

Nope, only 2 IRL. Only one person responded to the post, and he's ace, so he already knows about aro stuff. Nobody else pressed any buttons on it, so I dunno how many saw it.

I suppose the title does not grab peoples attention unless they recognize the term. Otherwise they might just think it's some add for bath products or something :D

Archived