Queer Activism Must Be For Aromantics Too

I'd just like to add that people in the queer community need to stop saying that the split attraction model is homophobic. It's just so blatantly manipulation to try and convince people that aros and aces are the bad guys.

4 hours ago, Zemaddog said:

I'd just like to add that people in the queer community need to stop saying that the split attraction model is homophobic. It's just so blatantly manipulation to try and convince people that aros and aces are the bad guys.

AFAIK those who make this claim are unable to explain how this claim is anything other than a non sequitur.

Something which isn't mentioned in the article is that romantic relationships typically provide a way for alloromantic people to have social and emotional needs met. With it, often, being assumed that aromantics have no equivalent needs. Thus should be satisfied either alone or exclusively with purely platonic interactions.

17 hours ago, Mark said:

AFAIK those who make this claim are unable to explain how this claim is anything other than a non sequitur.

I have yet to see ace and aro exclusionists within the queer community produce an argument which isn't a logical fallacy or based on false information. That doesn't stop these people from spewing their bullshit rhetoric. It isn't even original either. Most of it is recylced biphobia and TERF rhetoric.

Archived