Are you living the life you want to live?

Holmbo

Anyone up for a thread about life dreams and what we're doing to realize them?

I finished university about two years ago and I feel like my life dreams are so different now from when I was a student. Back then I could have all these dreams about what I wanted to do ones I graduated and was out in "the real world". Now it's very different though because most thoughts I have is followed by "this is something you could actually do if you really want to" and the dreams become more wishes or a list of priorities.

I'm just graduated from high school, so uni is on my mind. I've never been good at planning beyond the next block, so my goals are learn more ASL, maths, And computing, as well as staying involved with and volunteering for FIRST Robotics. All my 'life dreams' are learn languages, mathematics, and volunteer.

Well, if parents lived forever then more or less, but in the future I'd love a little place to myself. I'd like to make graphic novels or something, but the art world is really competitive and I don't have the energy, or drive, I'd need to be really successful there. I want 'more' for myself, but the 'more' is incredibly poorly defined. I am happy with how my life is at the moment, though!

I want to have kids, and I've been working on getting ready. I'm working on getting more self-care skills, doing therapy work make myself less likely to get into screaming matches with the people I love, and trying to save up money. My hope is that I'll be ready within the next three years. 

Archived